So I haven't updated for awhile. That doesn't mean I haven't had stuff going on. I have 5 kids so there usually is always something happening. I just don't always time to put everything on here right away, so I save it all! So some of my life the last month.
Nathan had minor surgery but it didn't phase him at all. He wanted to go outside and play while throwing up from the anesthesia. I don't know what will ever keep that child down!
In the hospital he still wanted Ethan to lay by him
I got to go with Lily on 1 of her field trips to This is the place Heritage park- I was surprised to see her pet the goats and not be afraid!
Also Lily lost 2 more teeth, can you tell!
Matthew went to the pinewood derby. Yes I helped him paint the car but he did most of it himself. I just made stencils for the lightning bolts and the middle, but he painted them on. He was so proud of the paint job that even when the car was under weight, he didn't want to ruin it by gluing pennies on so the poor car didn't make it to the finish line. Almost, but not quite! He was upset at first but we told him next year he would try again. I think he will try to make it heavier next time.
We went to see the new Oquirrh Temple with my dad. It was a very beautiful temple. My kids were asking alot of questions. Matthew was interested in the baptismal font and excited to hear about taking part in those experiences when he is 12.
We always go to my parents house for dinner on the first Sunday of the month. With some coaxing of money from Uncles Matt,Tyler and Jonathan Matthew let Stefanie cut his hair.
Nathan was excited to just cut it without anything. She left a mohawk for a second. Then cut it off. I kind of wished we left it. It really fit his personality and it was kind of cute! Maybe next time.
Afterwards there was a cake fight in the kitchen. Jonathan and Stefanie got scarred. Just like old times!
Bill is building a playhouse/swing set in the backyard. The kids are excited. Here is the project, halfway done I would say.
Our Papa Larry isn't doing so well these days. We went to visit him and the kids cried. They were sad to see him dying. Lily has always loved to climb on his lap.
Matthew also went to Camp Tracy this weekend. He had a great time. He now knows the state bird, flower, and insect. He also memorized the scout oath. He wants to go work there when he is older. We'll see if that holds. I am glad he is so excited to learn about scouting.
Samantha is now potty trained. Only 1 in diapers!
Ethan got his first tooth the other day. He has 3 more following. He is such a good baby, you would never know he was teething. He has a hard time at night but doing well for swollen hurting gums.
Summer is here now. No more school for 3 months! That is both good and bad. Which one will probably depend on the day you ask me and how crazy I am from fighting, whining children! You would think I could start sleeping in now, Ha Ha! My kids don't know how to do that. They are always up by 7am! So bring on the Summer! Everything the same plus 2 kids!
2 comments:
It is so good to see all of the fun things that you are up to. Sometimes life is so busy is makes it hard to stay in touch. We need to get together and have a picnic with the kids. Let me know if you are interested.
Ya, Ami a lot to update!! I started to cry when I saw the picture of Lily on Papa's lap. He just looks so old and tired. I wish for his sake, he would just go. Everything else though is fun. I love the pics of JT and Stef. It is like old times, huh?!!?
Post a Comment